Sunday 15 November 2009

Lurgy

This brings out the worst in her/me/him/her
No-one's really sure. But it definately brings out the worst
in someone.

of course- you were not there. you did not see it.

I don't remember
how it started. Or rather- I pretend
I don't remember how it started.
Actually, I'm too embarrassed to mention
what actually happened


and I have so much more to say, and I think
"I must tell her/him/her this" and then remember
that I can't

I imagine she/he must think "why am I here?
what have I done?" but, of course, that would
assume that they read this
and that they understand the meaning of divorce


It's like a death. A tiny, insignificant,
miniscule death that only you have noticed-
a man lies in the middle of the road with a bicycle wheel
through his/her sternum;

a woman steps over his carcass
to get to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment